Dance Capture Photography features the work of Sherriden McDonald, a dance photographer in Canberra, Australia.
You will find us at various dance events around Canberra, mainly focusing on the social Latin Dance styles of Salsa, Bachata, Samba and Zouk. However I also photograph other dance styles and had the pleasure of photographing the Legs Dance Studio concert rehearsals for 2013.
There's so much more to dance photography than just taking the shot, there is the pose, shapes, patterns and lines created by the dancers; the movement of the bodies, hair & clothes; the expressions, emotions and special moments. We love nothing more than capturing the fun and energy behind the dance - the essence of dance.
Moments we love are where you can see the energy in the photo, where the hair is flying and faces are animated.
Thanks so much to the following people for providing support and allowing me to photograph their events.
* Subsdance Dance Studio - Kate Ticehurst
* Glamourosas Authentic Brazilian Entertainment - Kate Ticehurst
* Monkeybar - Trent Richardson
* K'Motion, Salsa@UniPub, Zouk Revolution - Karen Rutherfoord
* Kokoloco Dance Studio & Kokoloco Samba Belezas - Becky Fleming
* Legs Dance Studio - Michelle Heine
* Stomp - Mark McEwen
* I Love Bachata - Sean M, Nestor Manuellian & Trent Richardson
* Sunset Dancing (Zouk ao Pôr do Sol) - Gordon McDonald & Jill Li
* Bachata Spring - David Reid
* Canberra Latin Dance Festival - Andrea Paez and Raquel Paez
* Salsa on Saturday - Rhonda King
The purpose of this site is to share photos with fellow dancers. If you do not want your photos published here them please let me know and I will remove them.
Please note that photos on this website are copyrighted, so please contact me to ask permission and pay for the rights to use.
You can either order download of photos online using the Buy Photos option (for personal or commercial licences), or if you want more than 10 photos or are the organisers of any of the dance events I photograph then you can contact me directly to order photos.
I was inspired by Peter Petkovic from Canberra Dance to pursue dance photography. Check out his site at Canberra Dance - www.canberradance.com